Mobile Data Collection using ODK & KoboToolBox for Monitoring and Evaluation Workshop-July 05 to July 09,2021 for 10 Days Register for online attendance Workshop
Register Normal attendance workshop
Download PDF Calendar 2021 Workshops
OFFICIAL EMAIL ADDRESS: email@example.com
Office Telephone: +254712260031
Register as a group of 5 or more participants and get 20% discount on course fee. Send us email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +254712260031
Data collection and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) have always been an integral part of development work. In the past, these tasks were performed with paper and pen, which made them prone to error, difficult to conduct on a large scale, and high in transaction costs.
ICT tools such as mobile devices and software that allows users to create surveys, collect, manage and upload data to storage facilities in real-time, have reduced the conventional challenges associated with remote data collection and M&E.
If you have always wanted to learn how to collect, manage and analyze project data using mobile devices, this training course is for you. This training course also comes with additional M&E and GIS modules to help participants put the skills acquired into perspective. The GIS module will help participants to work with spatial data.WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course is designed for different representatives: government, project teams, NGOs, multi and bilateral development organizations, consultancies, etc, that are typically employed as project managers and directors, M&E specialists, technical specialists, and researchers.DURATION
5 DaysCOURSE OBJECTIVES
The course gives the participants the knowledge, tools and techniques to gather data for project/programme using innovative Mobile data gathering Technology.
At the end of the course, you will become familiar with using ICT tools and methods to conduct data collection, statistical analysis, and reporting.REQUIREMENTS
This training is designed for participants who are reasonably proficient in English and have basic ICT knowledge.COURSE CONTENTSection I
- M&E and Mobile data collection
- Benefits of Mobile data collection for M&E
- Introduction to common mobile based data collection platforms
- Challenges of Mobile Based Data Collection
- Data aggregation, storage, and dissemination
- Overview of available mobile phone based data collection platforms.
- Types of questions and their data types.
- Questionnaire/Form logic
- Extended data types geoid, image, and multimedia
- Survey Authoring
- Design forms using a web interfaces using:
- Hands-on Exercise
- ODK Build
- Preparing mobile devices for data collection
- Installing application: ODK Collect
- Configuring the device (Mobile Phones)
- Uploading the form into the mobile devices
- Hands-on Exercise
- Advanced survey Authoring: XLSForms
- Introduction to XLSforms syntax
- New data types
- Notes and dates
- Multiple choice Questions
- Multiple Language Support
- Hints and Metadata
- Hands-on Exercise
- Conditional Survey Branching
- Required questions
- Constraining responses
- Skip: Asking Relevant Questions
- The specify other
- Grouping questions
- Skipping many questions at once (Skipping a section)
- Repeating a set of questions
- Special formatting
- Making dynamic calculations
Section V (GIS)
- Hosting survey data: Cloud Hosting
- Google Apps Engine
- ODK Aggregate
- Hosting Survey Data: Local Server Hosting
- Configuring ODK Aggregate on a local server
- Downloading data
- Manual download (ODK Briefcase)
- Using the online server interface
- Hands-on Exercise
- Introduction to GIS
- Working with Spatial data (GPS Coordinates)
- Spatial Mapping
- Introduction to Fusion Table
- Exporting GPS Coordinates (Google maps) to Fusion tables
- Exporting data to Fusion tables using QGIS
- Converting data to shape files
- Hand-on Exercise
- Choice of Platform
- Discussion on the Choice of Platform
- Integrating Mobile Data Collection tools into projects
OTHER UPCOMING WORKSHOPS FOR JULY 2021 ( CLICK LINK TO REGISTER FOR THE WORKSHOP AS INDIVIDUAL OR GROUP)
- All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
- The participant must be conversant with English
- Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
- Training will be done at Foscore development center (FDC-K) center in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participant within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
- One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus free five hour adventure drive to the National game park.
- Payment should be done two week before commence of the training, to FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
- For any enquiry to:email@example.com or +254712260031
Looking forward to your attendance.
FDC Result Based skills Development
Finance, Governance and IT Consultant
Telephone office: +254712260031
Personal No: +254729262303
You can opt out of future communications about our services by clicking on the unsubscribe link below.Thank you